Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My Blood IS Red (Yellow and Green, Too)

Hot off the wire!

Blood testing was completed on November 13.
Hemoglobin is back to superstar levels.
Nothing was amiss in all parameters measured.
Lab did note that there were tiny red, yellow, and green chile peppers afloat in my blood, a legacy of the transfusion I had.

I am down 36 lbs and off my diabetes meds...praise the Lord and pass the potatoes! I have my first post-op phone consultation with Dr. Wittgrove (surgeon) on Thursday morning.

I've been walking with Vern 30 minutes daily since the temp of the pool dropped to 78 degrees. We walk 30 minutes twice on weekends, and I walk twice on days that I work at home (like today). Warmer weather over the next few days may elevate the pool temp to above 80, in which case we'll be back doing laps.

We retrieved my 1980 Honda Prelude from the shop last week. It has a newly built carburetor, new brakes and a speedometer that works! I've driven it to and from work and love that little grey kitten. It just purrs when you drive it. We need to get new seats or upholster them. Thirty years has taken its toll on their integrity. (Translation: foam filling flies everywhere when you sit on 'em.)

We don't usually do much for T'giving cuz V has to work. He tried last January to score some annual leave for either T'giving or Christmas 2009 but failed. Others with seniority and use or lose leave take precedence.

I'm still enjoying Hummingbird Wars whenever I work from home.
Hope you all are healthy and smiling.
a

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Hey girl, good to see your blog I just thought I would check in and behold there you were. Hope you are up to par again.have a great day. Love to you both Barbara

Grammy said...

Hi,
You go girl! So pleased that you are on that old recovery road once again! Keep the updates coming! I haven't been online for the past few days because I have been busy with other stuff. Working on Bj's quilt for one thing. I am feeling quite "buff" these days. PTL!
love to you all!
Ruby