It's been a coupla months...wanted to let friends and family know that Vern is going under the knife on Tuesday, January 19th, having roux-en-y bypass surgery. He's the first one on the chopping block that day. oh goodie, i get to arise at 5 a.m. and accompany him to the hospital.
the reality of what's pending is beginning to affect his demeanor. i know the feeling quite well...he is anxious and excited and afraid and happy and optimistic and pessimistic, all at the same time. Makes for an interesting marital relationship.
despite my trials and troubles post-surgery, especially those dark, chilling moments as I lay on the cold slab marble floor in the john of my hospital room, awaiting SOMEONE to discover that "I'd fallen and can't get up!", I am 100% delighted with the outcome of my surgery. No more diabetes shots and medicines, substantial weight loss without much sacrifice, more energy than I've had since my pre-pregnancy years. Lots to which V can look forward.
i'll be back next week posting the outcome of his surgery.
blessings and peace to all.
a
Friday, January 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hi Andrea,I will be worried until I hear about David, please keep us informed.Imazo hasn't said anything about his surgery.I will remember him in my prayers.And you also, take care.love Barbara
Hi, Sobrina,
Glad you have done so well with your surgery. Hope David does as well. I've been really concerned that he knows what he is in for and I'm glad you are going to keep us up to date with how well he progresses. I talked to Imazo a while ago (about 6:15 pm) and couldn't quite understand her responses to my question about his surgery. I asked her if he had had it yet, and how he came through it. She said, He came through it good, then she said you would be calling her after he has it. ???
I know she doesn't understand what it entails, bless her heart. The only thing she understands about it is that he is hoping that he won't have to wear the C-pap any more and will lose some weight.
Thanks for keeping us up on it. Love to you all. Tia Grammy
Post a Comment